MARCH PATCH NOTES
Co op versus AI
Added Ziggs, Master Yi, Nasus, Ezreal, and Nidalee to the bot roster.
Players can now add many more of the Beginner bots to Custom Games.
PVP.net will now wait for 8 seconds after a queue dodge before requeuing
Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths (Release date to be announced)
- Staggering Blow (Passive)
- Nautilus? first basic attack against a target deals bonus physical damage and immobilizes the opponent briefly. Staggering Blow cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 12 seconds.
- Dredge Line
- Nautilus throws his anchor forward. If he hits an enemy, he’ll drag himself to his target and his target to him. If he hits terrain, he’ll drag himself to the terrain and the cooldown is reduced.
- Titan’s Wrath
- Nautilus places a shield on himself that absorbs additional damage based on his maximum health. While the shield is active, Nautilus’ attacks deal damage over time to units around him.
- Nautilus slams the ground, causing the earth to ripple out in waves. Each wave deals damage and slows the targets hit. This slow decays over time. Multiple waves that hit the same target deal reduced damage.
- Depth Charge (Ultimate)
- Nautilus launches a depth charge towards a target that picks up speed as it travels. This charge knocks up all enemies it encounters while traveling and explodes on impact, stunning the target and launching them into the air.
Fiora, The Grand Duelist (Release date to be announced)
- Duelist (passive)
- Fiora regenerates health over 6 seconds each time she deals damage. Striking champions will cause this effect to stack up to 4 times.
- Fiora dashes forward to strike her target, dealing physical damage. Fiora can perform the dash a second time within a couple seconds at no mana cost.
- Fixed a bug where Fiora could consume the second cast of Lunge on the original target while still moving toward the original target.
- Fiora dashes forward to strike her target, dealing physical damage. Fiora can perform the dash a second time within a couple seconds at no mana cost.
- Fiora’s Attack Damage is increased. When activated, Fiora parries the next basic attack and reflects magic damage back to the attacker. Works against champions, monsters, and large minions.
- Burst of Speed
- Fiora temporarily gains additional Attack Speed. Each basic attack or Lunge she lands during this time increases her Movement Speed. Killing a champion refreshes the cooldown on Burst of Speed.
- Blade Waltz (ultimate)
- Fiora dashes around the battlefield to deal physical damage to enemy champions. Successive strikes against the same target deal less damage.
Lulu, the Fae Sorceress (Release date to be announced)
- Pix, Faerie Companion (Innate)
- Pix fires magical bolts of energy whenever his owner attacks another enemy unit. These bolts are homing, but can be intercepted by other units.
- Pix and Lulu each fire a bolt of magical energy that heavily slows all enemies it hits. An enemy can only be damaged by one bolt.
- If cast on an ally, grants them movement speed and ability power for a short time. If cast on an enemy, turns them into an adorable critter that can’t attack or cast spells.
- Help, Pix!
- If cast on an ally, commands Pix to jump to an ally and shield them. He then follows them and aids their attacks. If cast on an enemy, commands Pix to jump to an enemy and damage them. He then follows them and grants you vision of that enemy.
- Wild Growth (Ultimate)
- Lulu enlarges an ally, knocking enemies away from them and granting them a large amount of bonus health. For the next few seconds, that ally gains an aura that slows nearby enemies.
NEW SKINS (Release dates to be announced)
- Subterranean Nautilus
- Abyssal Nautilus
- Heartseeker Vayne
- Dark Crystal Ryze
- Royal Guard Fiora
- Nightraven Fiora
- Bladecraft Orianna
- Vandal Gragas
- Battlecast Urgot
- Wicked Lulu
- Bittersweet Lulu
- Mafia Graves
- Jurassic Kog’Maw
- Spirit Rush
- The allied ultimate HUD indicator will now remain green until all 3 spell casts are used.
- Cooldown between casts increased to 1 second from 0.75.
- Cooldown increased to 110/95/80 seconds from 90/80/70.
- Pulverize mana cost reduced to 70/80/90/100/110 from 80/90/100/110/120.
- Headbutt mana cost reduced to 70/80/90/100/110 from 70/85/100/115/130.
- Triumphant Roar mana cost increased to 28/41/54/67/80 from 20/30/40/50/60.
- Unbreakable Will mana cost reduced to 100 from 150.
- Trample damage increased to 10-27 per second from 10-23.
- Rocket Grab
- Damage increased to 80/135/190/245/300 (+1.0 ability power) from 60/120/180/240/300 (+0.8 ability power).
- Mana cost reduced to 110 from 140.
- Fixed a bug where Miasma’s slow was not stacking with many other slows in the game.
- Noxious Blast ability power ratio reduced to 0.8 from 0.9.
- Twin Fang damage reduced to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/95/130/165/200.
- Base damage increased to 56 from 54.
- Armor per level increased to 3.4 from 3.1.
- Chum the Waters mana cost reduced to 100 from 150.
- Idol of Durand damage range increased to 600 from 575.
- Parrrley mana cost increased to 50/55/60/65/70 from 40/45/50/55/60.
- Raise Morale range reduced to 1200 from 1500.
- Fixed a bug where Demacian Justice would not finish casting if Garen lost vision of the target during the cast.
- Fixed a bug where H-28G Evolution Turret could survive when Heimerdinger died if they were being teleported to.
- Transcendent Blades’s allied ultimate HUD indicator will now remain green until all 4 spell casts are used.
- Fixed a particle issue with Transcendent Blades (Hotfixed 2/21).
- Transcendent Blades cooldown increased to 70/60/50 seconds from 60/50/40.
- Hiten Style
- Passive health restore reduced to 5/7/9/11/13 from 10/14/18/22/26.
- While active, health restore doubles to 10/14/18/22/26.
- Eye of the Storm Attack Damage bonus is now lost if the shield breaks.
- Health per level increased to 98 from 88.
- Counter Strike area of effect radius increased to 375 from 350.
- Grandmaster’s Might (New Active):
- Jax gains 25/35/45 (+30% of his bonus attack damage) armor and 25/35/45 (+20% of his ability power) magic resist for 8 seconds.
- 100 mana cost.
- 80 second cooldown.
Thundering Shuriken cooldown increased to 8/7/6/5/4 from 7/6/5/4/3.
- Sonic Wave base damage increased to 50/80/110/140/170 from 45/75/105/135/165 (Hotfixed 2/21 due to an unintended nerf in the Nautilus patch).
- Lucent Singularity
- Now additionally grants vision while in flight to its destination.
- Now starts its cooldown when cast rather than when detonated.
- Cooldown increased to 11 seconds from 9.
- Now displays a buff showing how long Lucent Singularity will last until it automatically detonates.
- Finales Funkeln
- Now grants vision of the affected area during the spell and vision of enemy champions hit for a short duration afterwards.
- Lux can no longer use Flash while casting Finales Funkeln.
- Granite Shield now shows a cooldown timer.
- Unstoppable Force.
- Area of effect radius on impact increased to 325 from 300.
- Malphite can no longer Flash while using Unstoppable Force.
- Fixed a bug where Malphite would seem to hit the target but would not cause the effect.
- Vengeful Maelstrom’s allied ultimate HUD indicator will now turn grey as soon as it is cast.
- Strut now shows a cooldown timer.
- Umbra Blades now has a passive cooldown timer
- Fixed a bug where Absolute Zero’s slow did not grant assists.
- Damage increased to 80-260 from 50-210.
- Scaling changed to +1.0 bonus AD from +0.5 total AD.
- Base cooldown reduced to 8 seconds from 10.
- Cooldown reduction for picking up the axe reduced to 4.5 seconds from 6.
- Ragnarok now provides 30/45/60 Armor and Magic Resist instead of 20/30/40 flat damage reduction.
- Movement Speed increased to 325 from 320.
- Updated Ragnarok’s buff tooltip to reflect it now grants Armor and Magic Resist instead of flat damage reduction.
- Improved targeting displays for her spells.
- Paragon of Demacia now shows you over its icon how many stacks you have.
- Base armor reduced to 20.8 from 24.8.
- Base attack damage reduced to 53.5 from 58.8.
- Right clicking on an enemy while using Powerball will now move you close enough to hit the target.
- Defensive Ball Curl armor and magic resist values reduced to 40/60/80/100/120 from 50/75/100/125/150.
- Blade of the Exile’s allied ultimate HUD indicator will now remain green until the shockwave cast is used.
- Fixed a bug where Riven could get locked out of moving during her third cast of Broken Wings.
- Updated recommended items.
- Overload mana ratio reduced to 7.5% from 8%.
- Fixed a bug that caused Deceive to sometimes deal more damage than intended.
- Two-Shiv Poison damage adjusted to 50/90/130/170/210 (+1.0 bonus attack damage) from 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.5 total attack damage).
- Ki Strike:
- Damage increased to 10?112 (+10% bonus health) from 10?95 (+8% bonus health).
- Cooldown is now reduced by 1.5 seconds whenever Shen attacks instead of 2 seconds when being attacked.
- Now grants Shen 10/20/30 energy when he Ki Strikes.
- Damage now scale correctly with all sources of bonus health (% health runes, Juggernaut mastery).
- Vorpal Blade:
- Energy cost adjusted to 60 from 70/65/60/55/50.
- Damage adjusted to 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.6 ability power) from 70/105/140/175/210 (+0.75 ability power).
- Cooldown increased to 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 from 5/4.5/4/3.5/3.
- Heal effect changed to 6/10/14/18/22 (+2% of Shen’s maximum Health) from 18/26/34/42/50.
- If Vorpal Blade deals the killing blow, it will now trigger 33% of the heal effect for Shen.
- Allied damaging spells can now trigger the heal effect, in addition to attacks (Vorpal Blade cannot trigger itself).
- Fixed a bug where last hitting with Vorpal Blade healed for less than intended.
- Feint duration increased to 3 seconds from 2.5.
- Energy cost reduced to 40 from 45.
- Shield amount adjusted to 70/120/170/220/270 (+0.6 ability power) from 50/100/150/200/250 (+0.75 ability power).
- While Feint is active, Ki Strike’s cooldown reduction on hit is increased to 3 seconds from 1.5.
- Shadow Dash:
- Cooldown reduced to 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds from 10.
- Energy cost increased to 120 from 120/115/110/105/100.
- Restores 40 energy per champion affected (rather than a flat 50 energy if you affect one).
- Now deals 50/85/120/155/190 damage (+0.5 ability power) to Champions.
- Taunt duration adjusted to 1.5 seconds from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2.
- Shadow Dash now grants Shen 50% physical damage reduction from taunted targets.
- Stand United:
- Channel time increased to 3 seconds from 2.5.
- Shield duration reduced to 5 seconds from 7.5.
- Shield amount increased to 250/550/850 from 200/475/750.
- Fixed a few bugs with ability sounds.
- The following changes were hotfixed out on 2/21:
- Base armor reduced to 19 from 23.
- Vorpal Blade health scaling lowered to 1.5% from 2%.
- Feint Energy cost increased to 50 from 40 at all levels.
- Base shield value reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 from 70/120/170/220/270.
- Fixed a bug where Flame Breath could shred the armor of shred-immune units (Dragon, Baron Nashor).
- Dragon’s Descent allied ultimate HUD indicator will now go grey immediately after using.
- Dragon’s Descent passive Armor and Magic Resist bonus reduced to 10/15/20 from 15/20/25.
- Updated Fury of the Dragonborn tooltip to more accurately reflect actual values in game.
- Fixed a bug that caused Burnout to last longer than intended.
- Power Chord damage increased to 18-188 from 10-180.
- Hymn of Valor passive attack damage and ability power aura reduced at earlier ranks to 4/8/12/16/20 from 8/11/14/17/20.
- Aria of Perseverance passive armor and magic resist aura reduced at earlier ranks to 3/6/9/12/15 from 7/9/11/13/15.
- Song of Celerity passive movement speed aura reduced at earlier ranks to 4/8/12/16/20 from 8/11/14/17/20.
- Improved Soraka’s basic attack to be more responsive.
- Starcall mana cost adjusted to 20/30/40/50/60 from 35/40/45/50/55.
- Astral Blessing mana cost adjusted to 80/110/140/170/200 from 90/110/130/150/170.
- Re-timed Starcall’s animation to sync better with Soraka’s actions.
- No longer affects Soraka when cast on allies and cannot be cast on self.
- Ally mana restore increased to 40/80/120/160/200 Mana from 25/50/75/100/125.
- Shadow Assault’s allied ultimate HUD indicator will now go grey immediately after casting.
- Health per level increased to 82 from 77.
- Move Quick’s passive component now shows a cooldown timer.
- Noxious Trap arm time reduced to 1 seconds from 2.
- Explosive Shot cast range increased to 625 from 600.
- Crimson Pact will now correctly work with all sources of bonus Health (% health runes, Juggernaut mastery).
- Tides of Blood healing bonus adjusted to 4/5/6/7/8% per rank from 8% at all ranks.
- Hemoplague damage amplification reduced to 12% from 14%.
- Fixed a bug where Event Horizon stopped stunning units if Veigar died.
- Power Transfer
- Augmented Power Transfer now grants Movement Speed when the missile is launched rather than when the cast animation begins.
- Fixed a bug where Viktor could gain the Movement Speed from Power Transfer without actually casting the spell.
- Fixed a bug where Augmented Power Transfer’s Movement Speed lasted only 2 seconds instead of the intended 3.
- Fixed a bug where Gravity Field disappeared when Viktor died.
- Fixed a bug where Chaos Storm disappeared when Viktor died (though it will not respond to commands while Viktor is dead).
- Fixed a bug where Majestic Roar could reduce minion movement speed to 0.
- Eternal Thirst now deals 3-16 magic damage per stack, and restores an equal amount of health.
- Infinite Duress damage changed to 250/335/420 (+2.0 bonus attack damage) from 200/300/400 (+1.67 total attack damage).
- Base attack speed increased to 0.679 from 0.644.
- Cyclone’s allied ultimate HUD indicator will now go grey immediately after using
- Fixed a bug where Crushing Blow could reduce the armor of shred-immune units (Dragon, Baron Nashor)
- Arcane Barrage’s allied ultimate HUD indicator will now remain green until all 3 spell casts are used.
- Hexplosive Minefield
- Mana cost reduced to 70/80/90/100/110 from 80/90/100/110/120.
- Slow duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2.
- Damage from 2nd and subsequent mines reduced to 40% from 50%.
- Fixed a bug where Ziggs’ Mad Scientist skin was leaving particles on the map (Hotfixed 2/21).
- Fixed a bug where Chrono Shift could prevent a clone from expiring, allowing them to survive indefinitely until killed.
- Sight Wards and Vision Wards now have a 0.5 second cooldown.
- Hextech Revolver spell vamp reduced to 12% from 15%.
- Madred’s Bloodrazor attack damage increased to 40 from 30.
- Vampiric Scepter life steal reduced to 10% from 12%.
- Wriggle’s Lantern life steal reduced to 12% from 15%.
- The Bloodthirster:
- Life steal reduced to 12% from 15%.
- Life steal per stack reduced to 0.2% from 0.25%.
- Now only loses half stacks on death rather than all of them.
- Added to recipe for Maw of Malmortius.
- Recipe changed to:
- Long Sword
- Null-Magic Mantle
- Total gold cost reduced to 1400 from 1800.
- Attack damage reduced to 25 from 35.
- Shield strength reduced to 250 from 300.
- Shield duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4.
- New item: Maw of Malmortius
- Hexdrinker + Pickaxe + 925g (3300g).
- +55 Attack Damage.
- +36 Magic Resist.
- Unique Passive: +1 Attack Damage for every 2.5% health missing.
- Unique Passive: If you would take magic damage which would leave you at less than 30% of your maximum health, you gain a shield which absorbs 400 magic damage for 5 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
- Fixed a bug where Clairvoyance would disappear if the caster died.
- Base heal amount reduced to 120 from 140.
- Recently Healed debuff duration increased to 35 seconds from 25.
- The disconnect notification will now only be shown to enemy players if a player disconnects and remains disconnected for 5 minutes. The message will continue to be shown without a delay for allied players.
- Heal and Clarity summoner spells will now restore health/mana to the caster even if they are untargetable when the summoner spell is cast (Fizz’s Playful, Vladimir’s Sanguine Pool, Zhonya’s Hourglass).
- Baron Nashor can no longer critically strike, but his base damage has been increased 10% to compensate.
- Updated Baron Nashor’s character stats so that his attack damage reflects how much damage he actually deals.
- Kill messages in chat now have team colors and display who was slain.
- Added Colorblind colors for Morgana’s Black Shield and Spectator pings.
- Fixed a bug where some particles would flicker unintentionally.
- Fixed a bug where kill indicators were missing golden borders.
- Improved minimap visibility of turrets in Colorblind Mode.
- Colorblind announcement colors now reference blue (friendly) and purple (enemy) teams.
- Important items purchased by your team will now be called out in chat (Aura items, Sight and Vision Wards, top tier items, etc)
- Champion Kill messages are now more specific.
- You can now activate a timestamp for game chat in the options menu.
- When colorblind mode is activated, movement cursor is included with new color scheme (was not before).
- Announcer callouts no longer reference blue team/purple team, and instead should reference friendly/enemy team (ie. A inhibitor is respawning soon/the enemy inhibitor has respawned).
- Champions will now attempt to run home immediately when disconnecting, rather than attempting to Recall.
- Small monster camp sigils now restore up to 30 Mana in addition to Health.
- Small Golem camp:
- Movement Speed increased to 300 from 180.
- Medium Golem base damage increased to 59 from 54.
- Fixed a bug where whisper messages were the wrong color.
- Champions will now attempt to run home when they disconnect, instead of Recalling.
- Crest of the Ancient Golem scaling Mana Regeneration reduced to 0.5% of maximum Mana/Energy from 1%.
- Cleaned up champion passive tooltips.
- A champion chasing a fleeing opponent will now attack more consistently than before.
- Fixed a bug where Ally disconnect messages were not displaying properly.
- Fixed a bug where using Ctrl+F didn’t display a Ping/FPS overlay.
- Co-Op Versus AI
- Added Blitzcrank bot to the roster of bots in Co-Op versus AI.
- Improved bots’ ability to last hit and reduced how much they push their lanes.
- Reduced the amount of gold given to bots on Summoner’s Rift Intermediate.
- Added the ability for bots to call for help from nearby bots.
- Improved the precision of skill shots and ground targeted AoE abilities.
- Minor bug fixes with Leona, Shyvana and Lux bots
- Improved cast logic on ultimates for Caitlyn and Lux bots.