Welcome back Heroes!
Patch 11.16 brings a rework to Legionnaire, and power tuning for Radiant items, in addition to the smaller champion and trait balance changes. Most of what we have here are buffs to allow for a wider variety of both openers and win conditions. With all the excitement of a new mid-set it may seem like it’s been a while since we last checked in, so here’s a reminder to check out the 11.15 Mid-Patch Updates that went live with several nerfs on July 23rd and 29th. Finally, we have new Little Legends available in bundles that’ve been inspired by the Rise of the Sentinels!
Rodger "MinionsRpeople2" Caudill
With all the excitement around the Rise of the Sentinels, it’s no wonder a group of Little Legends are scrambling to get in on the action via two new starter bundles. And while they're not fighting Viego, make no mistake—Sentinel Craggle, Flutterbug, and Hauntling have set off on an adventure to find their own noble quest! They just haven’t figured out what that quest is yet.
Sentinels Starter Bundle 1
Sentinels Starter Bundle 2
For more info about these little Sentinels check out this stellar article that also covers our ongoing Sentinel Initiative. Sentinel Initiative? Never heard of it. Well, it’s our (and your) way to give back by playing TFT and earning points via the Social Impact Fund, that’s used to combat deep systemic issues through Education, Opportunity, Citizenship, and Sustainability! Want more details? Just read the article.
We Legion-care about Social Impact, but also the Legionnaire champions that don’t significantly benefit from the trait *cough Draven, cough Kayle*. So we removed the requirement for casting a spell to trigger healing on the next auto-attack and are instead giving flat and versatile Omnivamp.
While Abomination was nerfed in the 11.15 Mid-Patch Updates, players have dug up just the right items to arm this underground bodybuilder, allowing for Abomination 3 to be too grave of a threat.
- Abomination Monstrosity Stage Scaling: 20% ⇒ 16%
- Abomination Health: 1000/1400/1800 ⇒ 900/1400/1900
- Abomination Health Per Star Level: 100/140/180 ⇒ 90/140/190
- REWORKED: Legionnaires have bonus Attack Speed and heal for a portion of the damage they deal with attacks and Abilities
- Legionnaire Attack Speed: 25/65/120/250% (Unchanged)
- NEW: Legionnaire Omnivamp: 15/20/25/35%
Champions: Tier 2
If only Tristana could jump on a rocket and escape this nerf.
- Tristana Rocket Jump Attack Speed: 120/140/160% ⇒ 120/130/140%
- Irelia Defiant Dance base damage reduction: 40/50/60% ⇒ 30/40/50%
- Irelia Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 60
Champions: Tier 3
With few levers to work with, and an incredible reliance on star level, Nocturne’s been a nightmare to keep balanced. By adding Ability Power damage scaling and reducing the power gap between 1-star and 2-star, Nocturne will be easier to balance now and in the future.
- NEW: Nocturne’s spin ability now deals bonus physical damage
- Nocturne Umbra Blades Bonus Damage: 0 ⇒ 70/85/110 (scales with Ability Power)
- Nocturne Umbra Blades Attack Damage Ratio: 125% ⇒ 75%
- Nocturne Umbra Blades Heal: 90/95/100% ⇒ 100% (no longer scales with Ability Power)
- Nocturne Umbra Blades Attack Speed Buff: 30/35/40% ⇒ 35%
Champions: Tier 4
Is Lucian ambidextrous?
Lucian's lack of interaction with on-attack items is confusing and limiting for his build path. To counteract this, and lend the Sentinels a helping hand against the Black Mist, we’re allowing him to proc on-attack effects. But because we’re only lending one helping hand (and for balance reasons), we’re only letting him apply on-attack effects every other shot. This should make him stronger with items like Hurricane, but to compensate, he’ll be losing some power from lost Cannoneer procs. I almost left out that you’d be right in saying Lucian isn’t ambidextrous.
The “mathematically” correct Lucian comp left Galio at 1-star, which was a mismatched strategy that socked for Galio while being rather contrived for players. A health decrease should push players away from this buildpath and into one that values the Sentinel team over one influential player.
- Galio Shield of Durand Healing: 50% ⇒ 60%
- Galio Shield of Durand Duration: 2 ⇒ 2.5 seconds
- Galio Shield of Durand Damage: 200/300/2000 ⇒ 200/300/1200
- Karma Soulflare Damage: 210/260/700 ⇒ 225/280/750
- Lucian’s every other shot from The Culling now counts as an attack (which means it works with items like Runaan’s Hurricane, Statikk Shiv, Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Titan’s Resolve, etc.)
- Lucian Health: 800 >> 700
Aside from a quick Quicksilver buff, the goal with the Radiant item changes below is to bring the over and underperforming Radiant items closer together.
- Quicksilver Crowd Control Immunity Duration: 12 ⇒ 15 seconds
- Blue Blessing Radiant Bonus Ability Power: 30% ⇒ 40%
- Dvarapala Stoneplate Armor and Magic Resist per enemy: 35 ⇒ 40
- Demonslayer Base Damage Amp: 35% ⇒ 40%
- Guinsoo’s Reckoning NEW Radiant Bonus: +30% Attack Speed
- Covalent Spark Radiant Bonus Health Regen: 2% ⇒ 1% max Health
- Glamorous Gauntlet Critical Strike Damage: 80% ⇒ 90%
- Locket of the Targon Prime Shield Value: 500/600/700 ⇒ 600/700/800
- Rabadon’s Ascended Deathcap Ability Power: 110% ⇒ 120%
- Radiant Redemption Missing Health Heal: 35% ⇒ 25%
- Statikk’s Favor Chain Lightning Magic Damage: 100 ⇒ 115
- Sunlight Cape Radiant Bonus Health Regen: 1% ⇒ 0.5% max Health
The biggest impact with these changes comes from the memories my lines bring back.
Adjustments to traits here primarily target the peak and trough performances. For example, Sentinel 3 has been a powerful opener, and less powerful at 6, and 9.
- Cannoneer cannon shot Attack Damage percent Scaling: 250/450/1200 ⇒ 225/450/1200%
- Hellion Attack Speed: 5/30/75/150% ⇒ 10/30/70/130%
- Nightbringer Shield max Health scaling: 30/60/100/250 ⇒ 30/60/90/200%
- Nightbringer bonus damage: 20/30/40/80 ⇒ 20/30/40/70%
- Ranger Attack Speed: 75/180% ⇒ 80/180%
- Sentinel bonus Attack Speed: 30/120/1000% ⇒ 25/120/1000
- Skirmisher Attack Damage per Second: 3/5/15 ⇒ 3/6/15
Champions: Tier 1
This oughta help Olaf with his quest to die in glorious combat. That’s a ‘Rise of the Sentinels’ reference for you “Skip All” gamers.
- Leona starting Mana buff: 0/80 ⇒ 40/80
- Olaf Berserker Rage heal on basic attack: 25/35/75 ⇒ 20/30/70
- Vayne Attack Damage: 30 ⇒ 35
Champions: Tier 2
Thresh might not be able to complete the sentence after...
- Sejuani Fury of the North bonus Armor and Magic Resist: 80/125/250 ⇒ 60/100/200
- Sett Armor and Magic Resist: 35 ⇒ 40
- Thresh Death Sentence Damage: 200/400/1000 ⇒ 175/350/800
- Varus Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 65
Champions: Tier 3
- Lee Sin Cripple Damage: 250/350/700 ⇒ 250/350/650
- Lee Sin Mana nerf: 30/70 ⇒ 30/80
- Lulu Attack Damage: 40 ⇒ 50
- Lulu Whimsy ally Attack Speed Buff duration: 4 sec ⇒ 5 sec
- Riven Blade of the Dawn Bonus Attack Damage: 90%/100%/130% ⇒ 90%/100%/120%
- Riven Attack Damage: 85 ⇒ 80
- Yasuo Burning Blade Damage: 250/350/650 ⇒ 250/350/600
- Yasuo Burning Blade stacking True Damage On Hit: 25/35/65 ⇒ 25/35/60
- Yasuo Attack Speed: 1.0 ⇒ 0.95
Champions: Tier 4
- Ivern Daisy Stun duration: 2/2.5/6 ⇒ 1.5/2/6 sec
- Rell Health: 950 ⇒ 900
Champions: Tier 5
It’s Dawn of Heroes, and these heroes need to stop sleeping in. With Draconic 5 being more accessible, high-roll Heimerdingers in the early game have been slightly more attainable, resulting in power-spikes that might be too much of an Upgrade!!!
- Akshan Heroic Swing Attack Speed: 60/80/400% ⇒ 70/85/400%
- Garen God-Lion’s Justice percent Health Damage: 25/30/200% ⇒ 25/35/200%
- Garen max Mana buff: 100/180 ⇒ 100/170
- Gwen Skip 'n Slash Armor and Magic Resist Steal: 1/1/11 ⇒ 2/2/11
- Heimerdinger Upgrade!!! Baby Dragon fireball Damage: 450/600/3333 ⇒ 400/600/3333
- Volibear Doombringer Stun Duration: 2.5/3.5/10 ⇒ 2/3.5/10
With how powerful Sunfire Cape has been in the early game, we were thinking of renaming it to Slamfire Cape, but decided to give it a slight nerf instead.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap Ability Power: 70% ⇒ 75%
- Redemption Missing Health Heal: 20% ⇒ 18%
- Sunfire Cape Burn Damage: 25% max Health ⇒ 20% max Health
- Sunfire Cape Burn Duration: 10 ⇒ 8 seconds
- T-Rex’s envy: Nunu will now cast at his increased attack range when he has Radiant Rapid Firecannon equipped
- Double Rainbow meet Double Tornado: Zephyr and Radiant Zephyr can no longer hit the same target
- Ignore the trolls: Lucian’s channel is no longer interrupted by Taunts
- Winded yet? Radiant Zephyr’s Attack Speed buff will now be properly removed at the end of each combat
- Tooltip mist: Senna’s Last Embrace now has the stun duration in the tooltip