Hello Yordle portal poppers, Colossus board boppers, and Socialite carry swappers!
Itís the first patch of the new set, so get ready for a series of balance changes to your favorite champs, traits, and Hextech Augments. Thereís a lot to get into, including the launch of Double Up, so stop reading this intro and start scrolling to the next section!
Rodger "MinionsRpeople2" Caudill
Double down for Double Up! Hereís the TL;DR and a link to more info on the game mode (written by someone still accepting Double Up partner applicants).
We've made the decision to disable Tactician social scouting in Double Up for its launch due to a critical bug. Itís a bummer to be missing our fun social feature in our most social game mode, so weíll be working on a fix to deliver by the next patch. Thanks for your patience and we hope you enjoy our latest Lab!
- Step 1: Grab a partner (can be a friend or rando, or even me!)
- Step 2: Release them. Theyíll need their hands to play and youíll need them at their best, since you share health!
- Step 3: Don'tí Lose. When either partner runs out of health, your health gets reset to 1. Afterwards any loss eliminates BOTH of you!
- Step 4: Use the Assist Armory to give your partner item components, gold, and other boosts at key points in the game.
- Step 5: Use friendship in the form of the Rune of Allegiance to gift champions and any items they may be holding to your partner at different points throughout the game!
- Step 6: Send in the reinforcements! If you beat your opponentís army before your partner beats theirs, after a short delay your surviving champions will hop onto your partnerís board to help them out!
- Step 7: Win (together)! You and your partner can start winning when this patch goes live!
Weíve gone from eight possible Augment arrangements, the order by which you are offered varying Augments throughout the game, to fourteen to create more unique experiences. As a reminder, the weakest Augments are Silver, and the most powerful are Prismatic. The six new arrangements are quite rare, ranging from a one percent chance (Prismatic, Silver, Prismatic), to a ten percent chance (Gold, Silver, Silver).
- Silver, Prismatic, Silver
- Prismatic, Gold, Gold
- Gold, Silver, Silver
- Silver, Gold, Prismatic
- Gold, Gold, Gold
- Prismatic, Silver, Prismatic
Carousel UI Buff
Ever wanna inspect a champion on your board to remind yourself of its ability scaling or traits? Well, yeah, us too.
- During carousel rounds, you can now inspect champions while scouting other boards.
Large, like my need for a Double Up partner. Kent? Mort? Leelor? FireNRain? Anybody? Hello!?
With over 140 Hextech Augments, itís no surprise that we have to adjust a few of them. Some need easy adjustments, while others like Underdogs and Titanic Force need finer tuning to lessen their power in certain use cases. Various Ornn items from the Portable Forge Armory are also getting buffed to increase the value of our favorite Artifacts!
- Ardent Censer (Enchanter) Tier: Gold ⇒ Silver
- Lifelong Learning (Scholar) Tier: Gold ⇒ Silver
- Lifelong Learning (Scholar) can no longer be offered on the 3rd Augment choice
- Runic Shield (Arcanist) Shield Duration: Infinite ⇒ 8 seconds
- Runic Shield (Arcanist) Shield scaling (Silver/Gold/Prismatic): 250/375/500% ⇒ 300/450/600% AP
- Share the Spotlight (Socialite)Shared Bonus: 75% ⇒ 100%
- Titanic Force Health Threshold: 1300 ⇒ 1400
- Titanic Force max percent Health as bonus AD: 4% ⇒ 3%
- Woodland Charm Tier: Gold ⇒ Prismatic
- Woodland Charm Copy Health: 1200 ⇒ 1500
- Underdogs Health regen per second: 10% ⇒ 12% missing Health
- Underdogs Health regen per second cap: Uncapped ⇒ 200 Health per second
- Portable Forge Armory option, Deathís Dance Armor: 25 ⇒ 50
- Portable Forge Armory option, Muramana Mana over 4 seconds: 100 ⇒ 200
- Portable Forge Armory option, Obsidian Cleaver Armor/MR Pen: 40% ⇒ 70%
- Portable Forge Armory option, Randuinís Omen Shared Armor & MR: 40 ⇒ 50
- Portable Forge Armory option, Rocket Propelled Fist Health: 200 ⇒ 750
- Portable Forge Armory option, Rocket Propelled Fist Mana: 15 ⇒ 30
- Training Dummy Health: 600 ⇒ 500
Knowledge is powerÖ too much power. With continued education (even into adulthood @Garen) granting more and more stats to Academy champs, this trait needs to be taken from a Doctoral level, down to a Masterís.
Bodyguard has struggled as a trait, so we're adding more selfish power to help them perform. Now after they taunt adjacent enemies theyíll shield themselves against some incoming damage.
Traits with summons tend to be powerful early, when the extra health bar can swing close fights in your favor. Weíre tuning Innovatorís power to lessen its strength early, but ensure your summons can take flight and maul your foes later on.
Weíre reducing some of the value you get from the Mercenary trait to keep these treasure chests, for the treasured, best (thatís still you btw). Expect slightly less gold and less Krakens (powerful rolls). Even Mercenary 7 will receive a bit less gold, but will give you the same level of other loot (items, Neekoís Help, etc.).
Lastly, weíve adjusted Sniper to passively grant an extra hex of attack range. This is to allow for more creative and interesting uses of the Sniper Emblem. To avoid buffing every Sniper unit, we are reducing their attack range by one hexóa zero sum change with the new trait bonus. Fun fact, Jhin now has a 4 hex attack range with the exclusion of the 1 extra range he gets from being a Sniper.
- Academy Starting Attack Damage and Ability Power: 20/40/60/80 ⇒ 18/35/50/70
- Academy Ability Power and Attack Damage Per Cast: 3/5/10/15 ⇒ 3/5/8/12
- Bodyguard NEW: Bodyguards now gain a shield shortly after combat begins when they trigger their taunt
- Bodyguard Shield Amount: 100/300/600/1000
- Colossus (2) Damage Reduction: 25% ⇒ 30%
- Enforcers will no longer detain units who are immune to crowd control effects. When selecting which units to detain, Enforcers will skip over units who are immune to crowd control
- Enforcer: Zephyr now takes priority over Enforcer. When selecting which units to detain, Enforcers will skip over units who are cycloned by Zephyr
- Imperial team Bonus Damage: 0/40% ⇒ 0/50%
- Innovator, Innovation Base Health: 650/1100/1900 ⇒ 475/750/1250
- Innovator, Innovation Base Attack Damage: 50/75/100 ⇒ 40/50/65
- Innovator, Innovation Star Level Modifier: 15% ⇒ 25%
- Innovator, Innovation, Hextech Dragon is now immune to crowd control
- Innovator, Innovation, Hextech Dragon Attack Range: 4 ⇒ 2 Hexes
- Innovator, Innovation, Hextech Dragon Electrifying Roar Fear Range: 3 ⇒ 5 Hexes
- Innovator, Innovation, Hextech Dragon Electrifying Roar Fear Duration: 4 ⇒ 3
- Innovator, Innovation, Hextech Dragon 3rd attack Magic Damage: 750 ⇒ 500
- Innovator, Innovation, Hextech Dragon Electrifying Roar now increases ally size for the buffs duration
- Mercenary: Lowered the total power of the trait by slightly reducing the value of various dice rolls across the board.
- Mutant Hyper-Adrenal Glands renamed to Hyper Adrenaline
- Mutant Cybernetic Enhancement bonus Health: 400/800 ⇒ 450/900
- Mutant Voracious Appetite AD and AP: 30/50 ⇒ 25/40
- Mutant Metamorphosis AD and AP Per Stack: 10/20 ⇒ 5/10
- Sniper NEW: Snipers gain +1 Attack Range. Units equipped with the Sniper Emblem will also benefit from this bonus
- Sniper units (Jhin, Caitlyn, Tristana, Miss Fortune, KogíMaw) have had their range reduced by one to compensate for the one extra range the trait now grants.
Champions: Tier 3
Mercenary not Mercen-carry. Econ trait champions should not be as strong as they currently are.
Samiraís too good. She stabilizes too quickly midgame and stays dominant even into the late game. If you manage to three-star her sheíll be able to bring her foes into negative Armor, creating weird and less readable damage amplification. With a handful of nerfs, weíre giving her some compensation strength to her cast animation to make her feel better with Blue Buff, which you should try out, especially if you want to use Samira as a mobile Last Whisper in your physical damage comp.
- Gangplank Health: 800 ⇒ 750
- Gangplank Armor and Magic Resist: 45 ⇒ 40
- Gangplank Attack Damage: 80 ⇒ 75
- Gangplank Parrrley Base Damage: 125/150/200 ⇒ 110/135/170
- Miss Fortune Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Miss Fortune Make It Rain Damage: 300/400/600 ⇒ 275/375/550
- Samira Attack Damage: 85 ⇒ 80
- Samira Flair ranged cast time slightly reduced ranged
- Samira Flair Attack Damage scaling: 175/180/190% ⇒ 165/170/180%
- Samira Flair Amor shred: 10/20/40 ⇒ 10/15/20
Champions: Tier 4
With guns for kneecaps weíre in kneed to keep this guyís power capped, but with how strong he is with just about any Attack Damage item, heís in need of a nerf.
- Urgot Attack Damage: 75 ⇒ 70
- Urgot Purge Attack Damage scaling: 30% ⇒ 25%
Champions: Tier 5
The 5-costs of Gizmos & Gadgets have generally been overperforming (see small changes). But our favorite party-going gargoyle has struggled to nail his entrance.
- Galio starting Mana buff: 180/300 ⇒ 200/300
- Galio Colossal Entrance damage: 125/250/2000 ⇒ 150/250/2000
Small, like my free time now that G&G is out.
Most of our smaller changes to Augments are making ëfeels badí moments feel less bad by offering you Augments that make more sense in each game.
- All for One (Tyrant) Health percentage of ally granted to the Tyrant upon their death 40% ⇒ 33%
- Built Different: Most Heart and Soul Augments, as well as all Emblem Augments, are no longer offered after choosing Built Different
- Built Different can no longer be offered on the 3rd Augment choice
- Built Different Health (Silver/Gold/Prismatic): 300/450/600 ⇒ 300/400/500
- Built Different Attack Speed (Silver/Gold/Prismatic): 50/65/80 ⇒ 50/60/70
- Binary Airdrop: Silver ⇒ Gold
- Binary Airdrop: Item randomization now tries to avoid granting champions items that have poor synergy (ie: Ziggs can no longer roll ZzíRot Portal, Blitzcrank can no longer roll Deathblade)
- Calculated Loss can no longer be offered on the 3rd Augment choice
- Dominance can no longer be offered on the 3rd Augment choice
- Junkyard (Scrap) can no longer be offered on the 3rd Augment choice
- Sharpshooter (Twinshot) Damage Falloff: 40% ⇒ 45%
- Windfall Now grants the correct amount of gold per Augment (20/25/30g instead of 25/30/30g)
Scrap champions have gotten pickier in their selection of items from the Junkyard. Tanks will stop picking up AD carry items and carries will stop grabbing tank items just because theyíre shiny.
- Bruiser Bonus Health: 125/250/400/700 ⇒ 125/225/350/700
- Clockwork base Attack Speed: 10/25/50 ⇒ 10/30/55%
- Scrap item randomization now tries to avoid granting champions items that have poor synergy (ie: Ziggs can no longer roll ZzíRot Portal, Blitzcrank can no longer roll Deathblade)
Champions: Tier 1
The strong early game trait also has strong early game champs, so weíre flinging a nerf their way.
- Ezreal Mystic Shot Damage: 30/60/90 ⇒ 25/50/100
- Garen max Mana nerf: 40/80 ⇒ 50/90
- Singed Flinged Main Target Stun: 1.5/2/2.5 ⇒ 1.5/2/3
- Ziggs Attack Damage: 45 ⇒ 50
- Twisted Fate starting Mana nerf: 30/40 ⇒ 0/40
Champions: Tier 2
Since when does Deathís hand heal?
- Katarina Shunpo damage: 180/225/300 ⇒ 190/240/320
- KogíMaw Attack Damage: 30 ⇒ 35
- Swain Deathís Hand Healing: 200/250/325 ⇒ 200/230/300
- Trundle Chomp Attack Damage scaling: 150% ⇒ 140%
Champions: Tier 3
Helping those content creators with their ChoíGraph highlight VODs.
- ChoíGath max Mana buff: 100/160 ⇒ 100/150
- Shaco Deceive Attack Damage scaling: 175% ⇒185%
Champions: Tier 4
Call the doctor, but not for meÖ Dr. Mundo is getting a few nerfs to his damage output and burst healing, but a compensation buff in his healing over time.
- Dr. Mundo Zap Dose Magic Damage Ticks: 100/150/300 ⇒ 80/125/300
- Dr. Mundo Zap Dose current Health Explosion scaling: 20/25/50% ⇒ 15/20/50%
- Dr. Mundo Zap Dose instant heal max Health scaling: 40% ⇒ 35%
- Dr. Mundo Zap Dose heal over time max Health scaling: 20/30/100% ⇒ 25/35/100%
- Fiora Blade Waltz startup delay has been slightly reduced
- Yone Attack Speed: 0.85 ⇒ 0.8
Champions: Tier 5
As alluded to earlier, 5-costs in G&G have been too impactful as a whole. Itís time to bench the Kench, confine the feline, disgrace the Jayce, and brutally remind Jinx of her past (sorry, couldnít find a rhyme).
- Jayce Melee Bonus Armor and Magic Resist: 50 ⇒ 40
- Jinx Attack Speed: 1.1 ⇒ 1.05
- Tahm Kench Devour Damage: 1000/1600/30000 ⇒ 900/1450/30000
- Yuumi Health: 850 ⇒ 800
- Ionic Spark zap Damage: 250% ⇒ 225%
They see me rollin, they hating. Patrolling, and trynaí catch me ridin Yordles.
- Yordles: Now gives one Yordle after each player combat.
- Yordles: Has a chance to give a second Yordle after each player combat. This chance increases each stage.
- Nice shot: Sharpshooter (Twinshot) Augment no longer works with Sniper attacks
- Time waits for no one: Broken Stopwatch Augment (Clockwork) now properly freezes CC immune units (ie: Colossus, Quicksilver)
- It still works: Items created from the Binary Airdrop Augment will now properly trigger their start of combat phase effects (ex: Zephyr, Zekeís Herald, etc.)
- No longer off-the-hook: Blitzcrankís allies always properly retarget to his Rocket Grab target if theyíre within range
- Bench bubbles: The Runic Shield Augment (Arcanist) will no longer grant shields to units on the bench
- TrainingDummiesRpeople2: Training Dummies should no longer show up in End of Game/Match History screens
- Orb hunter: Mercenary Orbs have been moved to the right so they should no longer be hidden by the Hextech core.
- Yordle together strong: Fixed an issue where Yordles could fail to combine and star-up when coming out of the Yordle Portal. This would most commonly happen when getting 2 Yordles in Hyper Roll. We believe thereís still a second, much rarer way this bug can happen that may not be fixed. Weíll be keeping an eye out for Yordles that want to stay independent.
- Even the Minion rounds: Gold Collector no longer grants gold on PVE rounds
- Ride together, die together: Taric no longer fails to heal himself if his primary heal target dies while heís casting